(Image source from: www.indiatoday.in)
PM Narendra Modi pays respect outside the Ber Sahib Gurudwara and all the Sikh’s are enthusiastic about the inauguration. For all the pilgrims across the globe this long wait comes to an end.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in India and Imran Khan in Pakistan will seperatey inaugurate this trace .
PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate the passenger terminal building of the Kartapur Corridor before reaching Dera Baba Nanak for the inauguration.
There will be about 500 Indian pilgrims traveling to Gurudwara Darbar Sahib, which is in Pakistan’s Punjab Province. They will be welcomed by Imran Khan and PM Manmohan Singh.
Admist all the stress between the two countries The Kartarpur trade is one of the sources through which both the countries are getting to connect.
A few hours before the trade, India and Pakistan were debating over the travel plan.
PM Modi spoke at the inauguration of the Integrated Check Post of Kartarpur Corridor at Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur and expressed his happiness by mentioning about the ease to pay respect at the Darbar of Sahib Gurudwara after the opening of this corridor.
1. This pathway is a connection from Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district of Punjab with the Darbar Sahib Gurdwara in Kartarpur in Pakistan’s Narowal district.
2. In the Doaba region in the city of Jalandar, this place was founded by Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth Guru.
3. Raveesh Kumar mentioned that India will be firm on the pact they signed in October about being able to access their passport as a document for traveling to the Kartarpur corridor without being worried about the ties between both the countries
4. This was quoted by MEA when India was going to sign the agreement “While agreeing to sign the agreement, the Government of Pakistan has been once again urged to reconsider its insistence to levy service fee of $20 on pilgrims. India would be ready to amend the Agreement accordingly at any time,”
5. There were thoughts on opening this corridor for a long time now since 1999 and both the countries freezed on this decision last year.
6. Former prime minister Manmohan Singh, Akal Takht Jathedar Harpreet Singh, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, former CM Parkash Singh Badal, Sukhbir Singh Badal, Harsimrat Kaur Badal and Navjot Singh Sidhu will be the first batch traveling to the Gurudwara in Pakistan. Besides, SGPC members and all the MLAS and MPS from Punjab would be a part of this.
7. On the 550th birth anniversary celebration of Gurunanak Dev on 12th November, this occasion is going to be one in a kind.
8. Islamabad imposed a $20 fee on the Visa and this is yet to be resolved.
By Neha Makhija