(Image source from: bcdn.dailyhunt.in)
On Thursday, The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has started online bookings for 200 new trains that will start operating from June 1st next week.
On Wednesday, Indian Railways said that they will start operating trains from June1st. New trains such as Durontos, SamparkKrantis, Jan Shatabdi and Poorva Express will start.
1. E-Ticketing will be available on the website and through your mobile app.
2. Tickets cannot be booked at the reservation counter in the railway station.
3. Rules on waiting list and or RAC will be according to extant rules
4. Unreserved tickets will be issued and passengers on board without tickets will be asked to leave the journey.
5. No tatkal and premium tatkal booking would be allowed in these trains.
6. In the meantime, the railways started 200 new trains started along with Shramik special trains operating since May 1. Since May 12, special AC trains have been operating.
7. Until it is advised further, all mail, express, passenger servicesand suburban services shall be cancelled.
8. According to the Railways, AC &Non-AC classes both will be reserved trains.
9. No unreserved coach will be allowed, even in general coaches there will be a seating reserved.
10. For normal and General (GS) coaches, the fare would be the same. A seat reserved in 2S will be charged and the passengers will get a seat.
By Neha Makhija