(Image source from: hindi.oneindia.com)
Wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Sakshi Malik, who are representing the wrestlers met Union sports minister Anurag Thakur. Wrestlers started their protest in demand of their chief Brij Bhushan Singh's alleged sexual harassment of seven women wrestlers, including a minor. So far two FIRs was booked on Brij Bhushan and one was filed under the POSCO Act.
Days after meeting Home Minister Amit Shah, wrestlers had a fresh talk with the Sports Minister on Wednesday.
Five demands of Wrestlers are :
1. Demanded a women's head for the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI).
2. No one from the Brij Bhushan family or himself should ever be part of the wrestling federation.
3. They demanded a “Free and Fair” election to the wrestling body leadership.
4. Also demanded to revoke all the FIRs and cases booked against them as part of their protests.
5. Arrest of Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh over alleged sexual harassment charges.
Wrestlers will continue their protest till Government responds and action is taken, said wrestler Bajrang Punia after meeting the Sports minister Anurag Thakur. The government has assured a police investigation against allegations, which will be completed by June 15th. Anurag Thakur also said that the WFI election will be held before June 30th. After six long hours of discussion, Wrestlers accepted to hold their protests till June 15th. According to sources, Government also promised to withdraw all the cases registered against the wrestlers.