(Image source from: })
Microsoft’s new product Windows 10 operating system is expected to revive the declining Windows franchise, reignite falling PC sales and even save the company’s phone business.
As per IST, from 12 pm Tuesday, computers with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system gradually will be getting updated for free for those who have subscribed for the updated version.
Closely resembling Windows 7 and a dash of the Windows 8 look, the new version Windows 10 will boot into the familiar desktop metaphor, and boast a full, working Start menu. Some of the new big features are similar to Apple’s Macintosh OS X.
Highlights of Windows 10
• New features of Windows 10 encourage upgrades. Example, Cortana the personal assistant.
• The new sign-on system is ‘Windows Hello’. If your PC has Intel RealSense-compatible camera, it detects faces.
• Action Center facilitates notifications and quick access to common settings.
• Apple expose-style view facilitated by Task View – to view all running programs at once (however Alt-Tab works).
• It included Multiple virtual desktops as standard.
• Xbox Music replaced with new music app/service - Groove
• Continuum switches between desktop and tablet modes, enabling future Windows 10 smartphones to work like desktop PCs.
• New feature Microsoft’s DirectX 12 to enable enhanced gaming performance and longer battery life.
• Edge is a new, lightweight, faster and standards-oriented browser of Microsoft that is included.