(Image source from: imagevars.gulfnews.com)
Rhea was granted bail in the drug case but her brother Showik still remains in jail.
The Bombay High court has granted bail to Rhea Chakraborty on October 7 and she left the Byculla jail on Wednesday evening accompanied by her lawyer Satish Maneshinde.
Here are the conditions on which Rhea Chakraborty was granted bail by the high court:
- She has to deposit her passport to the court authorities which means she should not leave the country.
- She has to report to the Mumbai police once in every 10 days.
- She has to furnish a bail bond of Rs. 1 lakh to the court.
- Rhea should not meet any witness in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput's death.
- She must inform the investigation officer if she is leaving the Mumbai outskirts and must give her detailed itinerary in advance.
- She must report to the investigating agency on the first Monday of every month for a period of six months.
- She must attend the court on all dates except if there is any reasonable cause to not attend.
- She must not tamper with evidence or disturb the investigation of the Sushant Singh Rajput case.
Rhea Chakraborty has been released from her jail term of nearly a month after she was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the alleged drug link which is related to Sushant's case.
The bail plea of her brother Showik Chakraborty has been rejected by the high court.
During the hearing, the high court judge observed that Rhea was not a part of the chain of drug dealers and has no criminal antecedents.
She is not guilty of any punishable offence under sections 19, 24 or 27A.
She has not forwarded the drugs consumed by her or her kin to any other person for monetary gains.
The judge also observed that she is not likely to commit any other offence during her bail period.
Rhea Chakraborty and Showik Chakraborty were arrested by the NCB for consumption of banned drugs.
Her release from the jail has been seen as a welcome move by the Bollywood industry people who have been supporting Rhea since the beginning of the case.
Rhea Chakraborty was in a relationship with late Sushant Singh Rajput since April 2019 and the couple has been living together since 2019.
Sushant's family has filed an FIR against Rhea for abetment to suicide of the late actor.
Bihar police had started the investigation which was later handed over to CBI.
The investigation is still underway and has reached the second leg as the CBI officials have reached Mumbai for the second part of the investigation.
Recently, AIIMS' forensic doctor has said that it was a clear case of suicide, however, the AIIMS board has ruled out the statement.
By Gayatri Yellayi