To attain a concrete solution on the ongoing Ayodhya dispute, the Supreme Court has given its decision of handing over the disputed land for construction to the Central Government and 5 acres of land to Sunni Wakf Board.
After the 2:1 judgment of the Allahabad High Court, the Ayodhya verdict is back after almost a decade.
The Apex court quoted “The faith of the Hindus that Lord Rama was born at the demolished structure is undisputed”.
The court mentioned about an important factor from the Archaeological Survey of India is that they found the remains of a temple under the demolished Babri mosque which gives us an indication that it was the birth place of Rama.
Supreme Court orders that Central Govt within 3-4 months formulate scheme for setting up of trust and hand over the disputed site to it for construction of temple at the site and a suitable alternative plot of land measuring 5 acres at Ayodhya will be given to Sunni Wakf Board. pic.twitter.com/VgkYe1oUuN— ANI (@ANI) November 9, 2019
The Sunni Waqf Board lawyer is not contented with the decision of the Supreme Court. He quoted "We respect the Supreme Court's judgment and appeal for peace. No protest should happen anywhere. It's not a defeat. Whatever legal course is possible we will find that. The judgment is not satisfactory from the fact that the land of the courtyard has been given to other side. We will discuss if the review will be filed or not."
There is well-equipped security around the Jama Masjid area in parts of Old Dehli with good police protection.
1. The State or Center shall handover 5 acres of the land to the Sunni Waqf Board.
2. A trust will be formed in three months that will take care of the construction and management aspect of the temple.
3. There will be a scheme made by the Central Government.
4. The inner courtyard of the temple will be given to the trust.
5. The Apex court quoted “ A mosque should be constructed at a prominent Site”
By Neha Makhija