The fresh-faced, no makeup look has been steadily making a comeback since fall and isn't showing signs of going away any time soon. We've loved the clear, glowing minimal makeup look for a while and wanted to share some simple ways to get the look this season.
Neutral look with no makeup as if your face is just natural minus chemicals and cosmetics is ‘in’ this season. The best part: You really don't need much, making this a great time-saving makeup trend and look for anyone dealing with a mad rush in the mornings (most of us).
The neutral face is beautiful on all faces and shapes, however it works best when skin is smooth, blemish-free and well cared for, since the neutral face really needs a clean, clear complexion (think of it as your canvas). If you have problematic skin, you are better off focusing on heavier neutral palettes of shadow and liner on the eyes and a pop of color on your lips.
1. Apply a sheer skin illuminator all over face and lids. A natural, nude skin toned color is best. Try applying it under a powder foundation for some dimension and to achieve glowing yet matte, translucent skin (think celebs on the red carpet).
2. Apply a sheer coat of nude beige/pink cream blush to cheeks, eye lids and lips. This also works best if applied before powder foundation so the color looks like it's coming from within the skin (another celebrity makeup trick we like to borrow).
3. Lightly dust mineral powder foundation all over your face and lids to even skin tone.
4. Apply a taupe shadow all across the upper lid and a line of shadow under the lower lash line. Then apply an ivory shade under your brow bone.
5. Apply lash separating mascara and finish with sheer lip toned gloss over the cream blushed lips.
If possible, you can follow the following to avoid the blunders made while rushing with makeup, before going to work…