(Image source from: businesstoday.in)
Three patients who have been identified as being infected by the deadly COVID-19 have been successfully recovered from the infection as on the 14th of February.
Thomas Isaac who is the Finance Minister of Kerala has confirmed the recovery of the three patients who have been diagnosed with coronavirus as he had posted in his twitter handle where in he has said that Kerala has won the battle with coronavirus.
Just as in the case of Nipah, Kerala has won battle with Corona Virus. All the 3 patients identified have been confirmed by Central authorities to have fully recovered. No case of secondary spread. Number under quarantine observation drastically coming down.Congats Health Dept.— Thomas Isaac (@drthomasisaac) February 14, 2020
The health officials of the state of Kerala had declared that the first two cases which have been tested positive of the deadly COVID-19 from the districts of Thrissur and Alappuzha have been completely recovered after they have been tested negative for the COVID-19 infection. It has also been said that the third student from Kasargod who has been tested positive for the virus has now recovered but remains under observation for some more time.
The health officials of Kerala have relieved about 1,062 people who have been suspected to be infected by the coronavirus and about 2,397 patients are said to continue to be in observation and are quarantined out of which 2,375 are said to be quarantined in homes and the 22 have been isolated in the hospitals.
The coronavirus outbreak has been declared as a state disaster on the 3rd of February as the number of COVID-19 cases have increased to three and the declaration has been later on withdrawn on the during last week as there had been no more cases recorded of being infected with the coronavirus.
The COVID-19 has started in the Wuhan City of China and the first case has been reported on the 31st of the month of December last year and the count has come up to around 64,000 people being infected around the world and the death toll has increased to around 1,380 people in China.
By Shrithika Kushangi