(Image source from: Indiatvnews.com)
A 19-year-old girl was gang raped by four men while she went on a trip to the fields with her family.
In what comes as another Nirbhaya incident in India, a 19-year old girl was raped by four men in Hathras in Uttar Pradesh.
Hathras is a state that has seen an increase in crimes particularly against young girls in the recent times.
The young girl who is a rape survivor died in a hospital after surviving injuries for two weeks. The rapists allegedly tried to strangle her with her own scarf and tortured her brutally.
Here’s everything you need to know about the case:
● Hathras rape survivor has died after four men who were reportedly from the upper caste had raped her. As per certain reports, the girl belongs to the Dalit community.
● The girl had multiple fractures on her body and was in intensive care for two weeks.
● Just before she died on September 29, the girl was shifted to Delhi for treatment but unfortunately, she succumbed to the injuries.
● The four men are in jail at present and will be charged for murder.
● The woman was attacked on September 14 by four men in a village called Hathras, 200 km away from Delhi.
● The girl was cutting grass to get some fodder and she was wearing a Salwar Kameez and the rapists had dragged her by her dupatta.
● Hathras which is a district in UP was formed by merging parts of Mathura, Agra, Aligarh and Khair.
● Investigation about the case has started immediately and all the four accused were arrested.
● UP’s crime rate is one of the highest in the country and about 12 rapes are being reported on a daily basis. Many cases still go unreported according to the officials.
● The policemen of UP have reportedly burned the body of the girl without even handing over the body to her parents. It is still not understood why the police have done this act.
- By Gayatri Yellayi