Potato Mutton Curry is also called as Aloo Gosht. This Mutton curry tastes great with the combination of potato and is an interesting mixed Non - veg curry to eat.
This non veg curry is commonly cooked in India, especially in Hyderabad. It can be served with rice or roti, pulav, khichdi. See the preparation process of a potato mutton curry:
- Mutton, washed - 1/4 kg
- Potatoes, small pieces - 250 gms
- Tomatoes - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- To taste Salt
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Onions, chopped - 1/4 cup
- Methi leaves - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Take a pressure cooker, heat oil, add chopped onions and fry till it changes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it for a min.
- Add mutton to it and fry well.
- Add pinch of salt, red chili powder, pinch of turmeric, add little quantity of water and pressure cook it until the meat gets tender for about 5-6 whistles on medium flame.
- Once the meat is cooked, add potatoes pieces, chopped tomatoes, salt as per your taste, red chili powder, coriander, methi leaves, add little quantity of water and pressure cook again until the potatoes become soft.
- Pressure cook for about 3-4 whistles on a high flame.
- Once the dish is cooked, reduce the pressure and remove the lid.
- Add garam masala powder over the curry and saute it for a min.
- Switch off the stove, serve in a serving bowl.
Finally, Potato Mutton Curry is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and a few drops of lemon juice. Enjoy this delicious curry with roti or rice.