(Image source from: Pleasing the hard-to-please})
NOKIA CHENNAI closes down on Nov 1, 2014 leaving behind:
1) Rs. 21,153 crores tax pending to Indian government
2) Rs. 2400 crores tax pending to Tamil Nadu government
3) Around 7000 workers given compulsory 'Voluntary Retirement Scheme'
4) Around 900 workers currently working in the factory are left at stake
5) Tens of thousands of jobs depending on Nokia in and out of Sriperumbudur SEZ are laid-off
NOKIA CHENNAI invested Rs.650 crores.
Earned Rs. 1.5 lakh crores
Enjoyed 210 crore land at a dead cheap price of 4.5 lakh/acre for 99 years
Enjoyed FREE WATER, FREE ELECTRICITY
What does MODI'S 'MAKE IN INDIA' Guarantee ???
Aw: Arun kumar