( Page 1 of 133 )

List View Grid View

IAF Helicopter crash kills 7 officers October 06, 2017 18:24

IAF Helicopter Mi-17V5 has crashed today morning at Arunachal Pradesh Chuna area. This crash has led to the death of seven people; the victims are identified as, five from Indian Air Force and two people from Indian Army.This crash took place on early morning 6 pm. The chopper crashed into hilly terrain which is 12kms away from India-china border and 100kms away from Tawang.Chopper has taken off from Tawang sector for carrying out an air maintenance mission. IAF has ordered for the court of inquiry to know the reason behind this crash. This crash took place just two days before 85th Air Force Day of IAF force.Mi-17V5 is a Russian-made military transport helicopter; this helicopter is used in disaster relief operations also.By A.s

Read More

IAF Marshal Arjan Singh Passes Away at 98 September 18, 2017 16:29

Arjan Singh Marshal of IAF has passed away at the age of 98 on Saturday due to Cardiac arrest. He was India’s oldest, five-star ranked officer.He became the first Indian Pilot to be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC) by the supreme Allied Commander, South East Asia. He was even described as a “fearless and exceptional pilot”.In his glorious career, he has awarded many awards. He was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1965 for his contributions in the 1965 Indo-Pak war, He served as IAF’s third Indian Chief of Air Staff at the age of 45.He retired from IAF in 1970, at the age of 50, he became one of the longest serving chief of the Army services in India. After his retirement he was made India’s Ambassador to Switzerland, and then the Indian High Commissioner to Kenya in 1974. He also served as India’s Ambassador to the Vatican. Later he returned to India, and then served as Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.To honor his service for nation, Westbengal’s Air Force base at Panagarh was renamed as Air Force Station Arjan Singh last year. He was the only living officer to have base named after him.In his Years of service, he flew over 60 different kinds of air crafts and his zest for flying didn’t end until the day he retired in 1969. End of an Era- Last salute to the legend. Live coverage of Last Rites of the #Marshal of the Indian Air Force.https://t.co/8lsqwteARB pic.twitter.com/p1WGFF9LLQ — Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) 18 September 2017 He was admitted in hospital on Saturday Morning. Earlier that day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defense minister Nirmala Sitharaman and the three Service chiefs - General Bipin Rawat, Admiral Sunil Lanba and Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa - visited Singh at the hospital.He was cremated with full state honors on Monday. Military band Played farewell tune as the entire nation bids goodbye to the Air force Veteran. Sukhoi fighter jets fly past in the missing man formation in honor of the Indian Air Force’s Only Marshal Arjan Singh. By A.s

Read More

India Launches It’s First Bullet Train Project September 14, 2017 18:43

India has launched its First Bullet Train Project on Thursday, Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has launched work to build India’s first high-speed train in P.M Modi’s hometown Gujarat. This project is mostly funded as a loan of $17bn from japan, this bullet train will run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai. The service will start operating in five years time, then a total of 500km journey time will be expected to cut to three hours from current eight hours."My good friend Prime Minister Narendra Modi is a far-sighted leader. He took a decision two years ago to bring high-speed train in India and to create a new India," said Mr.Abe after laying foundation stone on Thursday."I hope to enjoy the beautiful scenery of India through the windows of the bullet train when I come back here in a few years." he said.The 750 train seat is scheduled to run from August 2022. Indian Railways System carries more than 22 million passengers a day, much of its equipment is out-of-date leading to frequent accidents and chronic delays. This part of government’s ambition to link major cities with high speed trains. But critics say that passengers would be better served if investments were made to improve safety on current, aging rail network. Whereas, supporters say that high speed trains will lead to improved commuter convenience, reduced congestion, more business and improved infrastructure along the route.Bullet trains was one of P.M’S Key election promises in 2014 election. Japan is a pioneer in high-speed rail transport and even some of their trains are ranked among the fastest in the world."This technology will revolutionize and transform the transport sector," says Indian Railways Minister Piyush Goyal.Prime Ministers of both the countries are expected to sign several agreements during the visit and they also inaugurate a Japanese industrial park. The two leaders enjoy a close friendship.By A.s

Read More

India & Japan To Scale New Summits Together September 14, 2017 18:40

India and Japan have become extremely close since they have decided to launch annual bilateral summit. The 11 editions of the summit led by the respective Prime ministers have enabled the two countries to expand their partnership beyond business and investment into hitherto unimaginable areas such as defense, nuclear power, joint projects in other nations, indo-pacific corridor and high speed rail.Establishing strategic partnership with japan has benefited Indian Foreign Policy with no disturbances since the first annual bilateral summit under then P.M Manmohan Singh. The end of cold war and changing dynamics in Asian Power Politics drew both the countries closer except for a brief period when Japan Imposed sanctions on India following the Pokhran-II nuclear tests in 1998. the damaged was repaired and Asian democracies launched a new era of partnership.The 12th Indo-Japan summit, being held outside Delhi for the first time, will showcase significance of the partnership. China’s aggression is a common challenge for both the countries and Japan’s P.M’s visit in the back-drop of India’s standoff with China over Doklam may speed up expansion of Indo-Japan strategic Partnership.Japan was the only country that has voiced its concern over Chinese actions in Doklam, finding common cause of back drop of china’s attempts to change status quo on the Senkaku Islands. Two P.M’s are expected to emphasis the need for countries to abide international law and global norms amid growing threats from North Korea too.By A.s

Read More

Irma Moving Towards Tampa after Florida September 11, 2017 12:49

Hurricane Irma has given Florida a strike with winds up to 130 mph on Sunday, around 3 million people are suffering from power cuts, swamping homes and boats and toppling massive construction cranes over the Miami skyline.Hurricane Irma is now moving towards most populated Tampa-St.Petersburg area late on Sunday. Now this storm is in much- weakened state. Irma has arrived in Florida as a category 4 hurricane but by night fall it was down to a category 2 with winds of 100 mph. More than 1,60,000 people are waiting in shelters statewide as Irma headed towards Coast. From my brother's Univision colleagues in downtown Miami pic.twitter.com/ADJlO5R6tR — Paul Adams (@BBCPaulAdams) September 10, 2017 Three people died in Florida car crashes, around 25 died in Caribbean due to Irma. President Trump in a press meet held on Sunday said that Irma will cost a lot of money.He said, “ Right now, we’re worried about lives, not cost”.As the storm ripped through Miami waist-deep water surged through streets at least three blocks from the shore. Roads turned into rivers as water was filled between office buildings and block of flats. People are suffering with severe power cuts and officials say it will take weeks to restore electricity to everyone.Around 6.4 Million Floridians have been ordered to evacuate . A total of 100,000 were in shelters, but some choose to remain in their homes even after warning from officials that they will be on their own no help will reach them.The Republican Governor said, “Once the storm passes they will need a lot of help”, and he described Florida as a tough state. We’re going to come out of this.By A.s

Read More

India Clean Sweeps Sri Lanka; Won Third Test By An Innings And 171 Runs August 14, 2017 15:48

The Indian Cricket Team led by captain Virat Kohli, has added another feather in their crown as they beat Sri Lanka in the third Test of the ongoing series by an innings and 171 Runs. With the win, India has also attempted their first clean sweep outside of home in minimum 3-Test match series. India had scored a mammoth first innings score of 487 with the help of centuries by Shikhar Dhawan and Hardik Pandya. In reply, Sri Lankan side was bundled up at just 135 runs. Follow-on was enforced by the Indian captain only to shatter the Sri Lankan side for 181 runs in their second innings. The series had already won by India after winning the Second test match in a similar fashion. However, there was no quality resistance from Sri Lanka in the third Test as they showed in the second. With the series loss, Sri Lanka has suffered a clean sweep in a Test Series at home after losing to Australia in 2004. India’s bowling attack, led by spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, who took 4 wickets in the second innings, was supported by Kuldeep Yadav, who was playing in place of Ravindra Jadeja and the quality fast bowlers, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav. One of the best positive for India in the series has been Hardik Pandya, who scored the fastest hundred and accumulated 108 runs in just 96 balls and took a crucial wicket in the first innings of Sri Lanka. The all rounder played a high quality cricket with hitting the ball impressively. He is also a contender for the Man of Match award for the third Test. Overall, it was quite a one-sided Test Series, where Sri Lanka looked no way near to top-quality Indian side. The two teams will now be preparing for the ODI series starting from August 20. By Prajakt K.

Read More

Indian Businessman Fined for $40,000 For Filing False Information in Visa Application August 11, 2017 16:51

An Indian origin businessman based in New Hampshire has been fined by the court for a whooping $40,000 along with three-year probation by a federal court for filing false information in the H-1B visa application, according to a US attorney. The documents released by court said that an Indian-origin businessman Rohit Saksena has pleaded guilty for making false statements in the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. 42-year-old Saksena, who is a President and CEO of Saks IT group LLC, company based in Manchester, New Hampshire, has allegedly filed 45 fraudulent visas in order to hire more people for providing service to a california-based company. According to the US Department of Justice, various malpractices have been found in the activities by the Saksena’s company file filing visa applications including some bogus independent contractor agreements. However the department has said that the visa applications by Saxena have been rejected after finding about the deception by him. By Prajakt K.

Read More

Indians Can Now Stay Up to 60 Days in Qatar Without Visa August 10, 2017 18:54

Under the new visa-free scheme by the Qatar Administration, Indians along with nationals of other 46 nations can stay in Qatar for minimum of 60 days without a valid visa. The decision has been taken under the new policy by the Government of Qatar, which announced a visa-free scheme for 8- countries recently. The countries have been divided into two groups of 60 and 90 days. The statement released by Qatar Airways, explaining the decision by the government said that the nationals of 47 countries (Including India, US, UK, China, Russia and Australia), will not require pre-visa arrangements and can stay up to 30 days. The period can also be extended for maximum of 30 days. The same decision has also been taken for the other group with only change of 180 days instead of 60 days from the issuance. All the citizens of these 80 countrie will not require to pay or apply for the visa as it can be availed at the entry point after showing of valid passport with minimum of 6 months validity and a confirmed return ticket.

Read More

India Bans Internet Archives August 09, 2017 15:47

In a surprising information, the Indian government has banned the Internet Archives, popularly known as Wayback Machine. Although Indian government has banned various porn sites on the internet in the past, Internet Archives contains a huge database of important documents as well as videos which is highly useful for the people. The move, which is looked to obfuscate the information and nothing else, has been done by the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) without releasing any notification about the same. As per the reports the domain has been blocked on certain ISPs including the private ISPs such as AirTel in New Delhi as well as Bengaluru. Visiting the page on these ISPs, returns with a message, “Your requested URL has been blocked as per the directions received from the Department of Telecommunications, Government of India. Please contact administrator for more information.” Wayback Machine is an open source website which saves a large amount of data from the internet and his highly helpful for the people to recognize the lies spread by the governments. The move might have come to prevent the citizen of the country to find the list of private companies which can seed the information of the users of Adhaar maintained by the UIDAI, which was criticized earlier for providing the information to the private companies and breaching the privacy of the common people.

Read More

Indian American Girl Sues a School Over Gender Identity August 09, 2017 14:45

Nikki Brar, an eight year old Indian-American transgender girl and her family are suing a school over gender identity.Nikki Brar, who was designated as male at the time of birth, was a student at heritage Oak Private education in Yorba Linda. The Law suit alleges that the school violated the Unruh Civil Rights Act, Which outlaws discrimination based on sexual orientation or sex.The school didn’t allow Nikki brar to wear a girl’s uniform or use girls loo or be called as ‘she’. school said that “this move would create an imbalance in schools environment”, said the report.The lawsuit stated that “Nikki has faced social isolation in school as girl’s would not play with her as she is dressed like a boy and boy’s game was too tough for her and often boys would bully her calling a loser”.Nikki left the school in February 2017.This case is note worthy because it is “first transgender rights case to use a state anti discrimination law as one of the grounds for relief” said Mark Rosenbaum, Director of the pro Bono public counsel opportunity under law.He also said that “In the light of the Trump’s administration against trans gender individuals, this is a terribly important case”.Nikki Brar parents have filed the suit against the school , its executive director Phyllis cygan and the school’s parent group, Nobel learning communities. They seek damages for “emotional distress and discrimination” as well as school tuition and fees.They have also asked the school to write a non discrimination policy specially for trans gender students, and demanded that school teach transgender identity lessons in the classroom.The child’s mother has said that the family thought long and hard before filling the law suit,” It honors our child’s commitment to being who she is despite adversity”. it is our small contribution towards ensuring that other transgender and gender expansive children do not go through the same hardship and trauma.The school parents group Nobel Learning Communities released a statement following the law suit saying “ We believed it was extremely important to respond, to decide when and how to inform and educate our entire elementary community about the mid year change of gender identity expression of a young child, unfortunately, these accommodations were rejected and parents withdraw their child”. Nikki Brar is expected to join a public school in orange country this year.By A.s

Read More