Not only black heads, but even white heads do create a hurdle for the beauty of your skin… but, before even thinking to treat the same, we need to know the difference between black head and a white head, for affective cure of the same;
Difference between blackheads and whiteheads
The main difference between blackheads and whiteheads is the difference of the areas. Where the skin is fine and delicate, the clogged grease is not exposed to air. As a result the tips do not get darkened as in the case of blackheads, that is why they are called Whiteheads . They are common under the eyes, on the nose, cheekbone etc.
More about white heads;
· Benzoyl peroxide has an antibacterial effect and may also decrease the chemical reaction that changes the lining of the hair follicle. This may help reduce the plugging that causes comedones. Benzoyl peroxide may be used for a mild case of comedones or to help prevent formation of others.
· Tretinoin (Retin-A, Avita, Renova) is the mainstay of treatment for whiteheads and blackheads. Tretinoin is a derivative of vitamin A and works by increasing cell turnover and reducing the "stickiness" of the sloughed cells. It causes expulsion of the plugged material and converts closed comedones into open comedones. The material in these newly converted open comedones can be easily extruded. Tretinoin can be irritating, so specific instructions on how to use it can be found here.
· Antibiotics have not been shown to help whiteheads or blackheads.
· Isotretinoin (Accutane) is used for severe cystic acne and has many side effects. It is very effective for comedones when used properly, but is not usually prescribed for mild acne of either type.
· Extraction may be used by a health care provider on open comedones. This process is performed using a device called a comedone extractor. This is a small, metal, circular instrument that is centered on the comedone and pushes down the surrounding skin, causing the plug to extrude.
And you can treat white heads by;
· Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
· Have a glass of warm water with the juice of lemon in the morning. It helps in detoxifying the body.
· Drink lots of water and fresh juices.
· Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
· Use creams containing AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Fruit acids) like glyco-creams that will clear away any dead skin cells, and helps in unclogging the pores to remove whiteheads.
· Mix Cornstarch With Vinegar, make a paste and apply on the area for 15-30 minutes; wash off with washcloth and warm water, this helps to get rid whiteheads.
· Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
· Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of whiteheads and pimples.